CV of H.E. Dr. Mohammad Ibn Abdulkarim Alissa
-Born on 10 June 1965
- Holder of a Bachelor in comparative Islamic Jurisprudence.
- Received a Master’s Degree and PhD in Comparative Judicial Studies, and studies in Common Law – Constitutional Law-.
- Presented lectures within the Kingdom and abroad on Islamic Fiqh (Jurisprudence) and its judicial theories, in particular its Criminal legislation, in addition to (comparative) studies between Islamic Fiqh and manmade law.
- Presented a number of lectures within the Kingdom and abroad addressing various legal, intellectual and human rights topics.
- Over the course of several years, he has engaged in dialogues with various political, intellectual, human rights and academic bodies (around the world).
- He delivered a number of academic lectures and discussed scientific theses in major universities inside and outside the Kingdom particularly in Europe and the United States of America.
- Has authored a number of books, research and work papers, as well as doctrinal, legal, intellectual and human rights articles.
- Has worked in relevant fields of Shari’a and law.
- He continued progressing within the Judiciary hierarchy until he reached the highest rank of Chief Appellate Judge.
- April 13, 2007, appointed Vice-President of the Court of Grievances.
- April 14, 2009 - he was appointed Minister of Justice.
- March 30, 2012, nominated President of the Judiciary, then Advisor at the Royal Court.
- November 27, 2012, he was selected by the Council of Arab Ministers of Justice as their honorary president.
He joined the teaching staff at the College of Law and political science of King Saud University, and the Higher Judicial Institute of Al-Imam Mohammad Bin Saud Islamic University.
- December 23, 2015, he was appointed General Supervisor at the Ideological Warfare Center (IWC) of the Ministry of Defense.
- August 12, 2016, was appointed to the position of Secretary General of the Muslim World League, and Chairman of the international Body of Muslim Scholars.
- December 3, 2016, Appointed member of the Senior Scholars Organization in Saudi Arabia.
Beginning of 2017, he was appointed General Supervisor of the King Salman Center for International Peace (KSIPC) in Malaysia.
- The Kingdom of Malaysia awarded him its highest award, that of (Dato Seri) at a big ceremony by the Sultan. Similarly, the Republic of Singapore honored him at an official ceremony for his international efforts in disseminating tolerance, coexistence and peace. He was also honored by a number of other countries, institutions and Islamic and international organizations in recognition of his efforts in spreading moderation around the world.
- He was also honored by a number of other countries, institutions and Islamic and international organizations in recognition of his efforts in spreading moderation around the world
- He is also a member of numerous local scientific, legal and human rights bodies and organizations.
He has awarded many decorations and medals of honor.