العربية Français English
Islamic Fiqh Council
The Islamic Fiqh Council is an affiliate of the MWL with an independent legal personality. It was founded by a resolution of the Constituent Council in the year 1398H, and is made up of a select group of Muslim jurists and scholars who meet periodically to consider serious issues concerning the Muslim Ummah and issue appropriate rulings based on the texts of the Holy Qur'an and the immaculate Sunnah.
Aims and objectives:
The Islamic Fiqh Council aims at furthering the following goals:
1. Elucidating the rulings of the Islamic Shari’ah regarding problems and calamities faced
2. Proving the supremacy of Islamic Fiqh over man-made laws, by showing the comprehensive nature of Fiqh and its ability to provide solutions to problems facing the Muslim Ummah at any time and place.
3. Publicizing the Fiqh heritage and clarifying its terms according to the modern language and conceptions.
4. Promoting academic research in the various fields of Islamic Fiqh.
5. Compiling authentic religious edits and Fiqh opinions issued by renowned Fiqh scholars and reliable Fiqh assemblies and publishing them among the Muslim public.
6. Taking measures to counter suspicions raised against Islam, as well as problems and observations designed to either spread skepticism about the rulings of Islamic Shari’ah or degrade their importance.
City: Makkah Al-Mukarramah
Country: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
P.O.BOX: 537 Makkah Al-Mukarramah 21955
Web site: http://ar.themwl.org