العربية Français English
All Praise be to Almighty Allah.
Blessing and peace be on His Prophet Muhammad
after whom there is no prophet, and on all those
who followed his way of guidance.
The Islamic Fiqh Council during its 1st session held in Makkah Mukarramah, Saudi Arabia between 10-17 Sha’ban 1398H discussed the Freemasonry and those who associate with it. It also discussed the ruling of Islamic Shari’ah concerning it.
The members of the Council made a detailed study about this dangerous organization and its literature written by its own members and leading personalities as well as other old and new publications about it, and arrived at the following conclusions:
1. Freemasonry is a secret organization, concealing or revealing itself, according to the circumstances of time and place. However, its real principles are based on secrecy in all circumstances. They are not known even to its members except those who have reached its higher ranks after passing through various experiences.
2. It builds the relationship of its members in all parts of the world on superficial basis in order to dupe the simple-minded people. It pretends to establish a human fraternity among those who join it, without differentiation between various ideologies, creeds or religions.
3. It attracts the important people to its organization and lures them through the temptation of personal benefits, on the basis that each member of the organization is supposed to help the other member anywhere in the world with his needs and problems and supports him to achieve his aims if he has any political ambition. This is the greatest temptation through which, they attract the influencial people in the society. It also receives financial contributions from them.
4. Affiliation to this organization is based on ceremonial entry of the new member under certain norms by which a new member is threatened in case he violates the instructions or orders issued to him through the senior ranks.
5. The simple-minded members are left free to practise their own religious rites, while the organization benefits from them to the extent of their utility, keeping them in lower ranks. On the other hand, apostates or those show readiness for apostasy are promoted gradually to the higher ranks in the light of the member's experiences and frequent tests that show their ability to serve its dangerous plans and principles.
6. It has certain political aims and has been involved overtly or covertly in some major military coups and political changes in the world.
7. In its origin and essence, this organization has Jewish roots and it is controlled secretly by a higher worldwide Jewish management. In its activities, it has a Zionist outlook.
8. In its real aims, it is against all religions. It undermines them in general and aims at tarnishing the religion of Islam in particular in the eyes of its followers.
9. It is always keen to select its members from the people who enjoy the outstanding academic, social, political, financial or any other status, so that it can effectively exploit their influence in their respective societies. That is why it is so keen to attract persons such as kings, presidents, ministers and senior government officials.
10. It has many branches that take different names in order to deceive and direct the people's attention away from it. This way, it can carry out its activities under different names if it is met with resistance to the name of Freemasonry in certain environment. The branches which work under different names are most prominently known as Lions, Rotary and other outfits which harbour the sinister aims and activities that are totally against the foundations of Islam.
It has become very clear to the Islamic Fiqh Council that there is a strong relationship between Freemasonry and International Zionist Movement. That is why it was able to control the activities of many officials in the Arab and non-Arab countries, especially with regard to the issue of Palestine, obstructing their crucial roles for this great cause in the favour of Jews and International Zionist Movement.
For this and other detailed information about the sinister aims and activities of Freemasonry, the Islamic Fiqh Council decides that Freemasonry is one of the most dangerous organizations which aim at the destruction of Islam and Muslims, and that whoever associates with it, knowing its reality and objectives is an unbeliever.
However, Dr. Mustafa Al-Zarqa, member of the Council is of the opinion that we add the sentence (believing in its permissibility) between the phrase (knowing its reality and objectives) and (is an unbeliever) so that the wording is harmonious with the Shari'ah ruling to differentiate between one who commits a major sin believing that his act is permissible and one who commits such a sin without believing it to be permissible, hence the former is an unbeliever (Kafir) and the latter is a disobedient (Fasiq).
Abdullah Ibn Humaid
President, Supreme Judicial Council
Muhammad Ali Al-Harakan,
Secretary-General, Muslim World League
Abdul Aziz Ibn Abdullah Ibn Baz
General President, Research, Ifta, Da’wah and Guidance
Muhammad Mahmood Al-Sawwaf
Saleh Ibn Othaimeen
Muhammad Ibn Abdullah Al-Subaiel
Muhammad Rasheed Qabbani
Abdul Quddoos Al-Nadvi
Abu Bakr Joomi