[b]Muslim World League[/b]
International Islamic Organization of Media
The 3rd International Conference on Islamic Media
[b]Media and Society [/b]
[b]Jakarta[/b][b], Indonesia[/b][b] during 3-5 December 2013[/b]
[b]Call for Papers[/b]
The International Islamic Organization of Media (IIOOM) affiliated to the Muslim World League (MWL) is to announce about the 3rd International Conference on Islamic Media to be held with the cooperation of Ministry of Religious Affairs, Republic of Indonesia in Jakarta on 3-5 December 2013.
The IIOOM is pleased to receive research and working papers from those who wish to participate in it, according to the conditions and specifications as following:
[b][u]First: Conference Objectives: [/u][/b]
1. To define the universality and integration of Islamic message and its ability to solve the world problems as well as its orientation of concepts of international cooperation, justice, security and peace.
2. Highlight the magnanimous values of Islam and try to coordinate the efforts of those working for Islamic media, and exchange of experiences and views among them.
3. Raise the level of Muslims' media work and upgrade the productivity of work as well as promote the ways of cultural dialogue with media persons in the international media institutions.
[b][u]Second: Conference Themes: [/u][/b]
[b][u]Theme One:[/u][/b][b] The World Media and Value-based and Ethical Dimensions[/b]
- Values of media practices in a changing world.
- Toward a new world order of information.
- Peace journalism.
- New media between technological inevitability and value-based necessity.
[b][u]Theme Two:[/u][/b][b] Towards Islamic Vision of Relationship between Media and Society[/b]
- Social function of media in the light of contemporary IT advancement.
- The role of media institutions in development of society: a new perspective.
- Woman and youth specialized media: reality and expectation.
- Media practice between mission concept and business requirement.
[b][u]Theme Three:[/u][/b][b] Media in Muslim Society (Prospects and Challenges)[/b]
- Religious satellite channels in terms of discourse and content.
- code of ethics for professional media.
- Developing media professional capacity through role model, training, and academic qualification.
- Commercial advertisements and social values.
[b][u]Theme Four:[/u][/b][b] Media in the Muslim World (examples and applications)[/b]
- Media literacy between reality and expectation.
- Prospects of Islamic media networking.
- Da’wah websites: reality and expectation.
- Media legislations in Muslim countries between freedom and responsibility.
[b] [u]Topics of workshops: [/u](Four workshops with two parallel sessions)[/b]
1.Media industry – reality and expectation.
2.Media in Muslim communities.
3.Controlling and rationalizing the electronic media.
4.Expected media performance in crises and political instabilities.
[b][u]Third: Specifications of Research and Working Papers:[/u][/b]
1. The paper is not previously published or submitted for publication.
2. Researcher adheres to conditions of scientific research; originality, methodology, documentation, quality of language and style.
3. Focus should be on concepts, issues and ideas, as well as practical and applied aspects as much as possible.
4. Content of the paper should have a minimum of five thousand words and a maximum of ten thousand words (20 -35 pages).
5. Papers should be sent to e-mail: [url=mailto:email@example.com]firstname.lastname@example.org[/url] along with an abstract of 200 words as well as a brief C.V. including the researcher's colored photograph.
6. Papers are subject to scientific arbitration.
7. Papers are to be submitted in Arabic or English.
[b][u]Fourth: Important Dates:[/u][/b]
-Last date for receiving abstracts: 09 July 2013.
-Last date for informing researchers about acceptance of abstracts:29 July 2013.
-Last date for receiving full papers: 25 September 2013.
-Last date for informing researchers about acceptance of full papers, and inviting them to the conference: 20 October 2013.
[b][u]To communicate and inquire:[/u][/b]
-Fax : 0096625601275