Name: Abdullah Bin Abdulmohsin Al-Turki, PhD.
Date of birth: 1359 Hijra -1940 AD
- BA Shari’a – Faculty of Shari’a , Riyadh 1383 H – (1964 AD)
- MA (honors)Higher Judicial Institute, Riyadh 1389 H - (1970 AD)
- Ph.D. (1st class honors) Faculty of Shari’a and Law- Al-Azhar University Cairo, Thesis, The Origins of Ibn Hanbal’s School of Thought 1393 H - (1973 AD)
- Honorary Doctorate Degree, Zaqaziq University, Arab Republic of Egypt - 1408 H – (1988 AD)
- Honorary Doctorate Degree, Altai State University, Almata-Kazakhstan - 1424 H - (2004 AD)
Posts held in the public sector
Career in education sector:
Dean of the Faculty of Arabic language, Riyadh, 1388 H - (1969 AD)
Deputy Rector of Imam Mohammad Bin Saud Islamic University 1394 H – (1974 AD)
Director of Imam Mohammad Bin Saud Islamic University 1396 H - (1976 AD)
Minister of Islamic Affairs, Endowment, Propagation and Guidance 1420 H – (1999 AD)
Secretary General of the Muslim World League 1421 H - (2000 AD)
Memberships and Affiliations (Local, National and International)
Dr. Al-Turki holds the membership, chairmanship or vice-chairmanship of the following:
- Member, Commission of the Senior Scholars of Saudi Arabia.
- Member of the Supreme Council of Islamic Affairs.
- Member, King Faisal Charity Foundation, Riyadh.
- Member, the Board of King Abdul-Aziz Public Library, Riyadh.
- Member, Benevolent Society for Disabled Children, Riyadh.
- President, League of Islamic Universities.
- President, Board of King Faisal University, Chad.
- President, Board of Trustees of Edinburgh Islamic Center, Scotland.
- Deputy President of the International Islamic Council for Dawah and Relief, Cairo.
- Founding Member, International Islamic Charity Institution, Kuwait.
- Member, Board of Trustees of the Islamic Dawah Organization.
- Honorary Member, International League of Islamic Literature.
- Osool Mazhab Al-Imam Ahmad Bin Hanbal (Origins of Imam Ahmad Bin Hanbal School of Thought).
- Causes leading to Scholars difference.
- Islam’s Approach to Family building.
- King Abdu-Aziz Approach.
- Overall Doctrine of Earlier Imams.
- Methodology used in Dealing with the Prophet Sirah (Biography).
- Imam Mohammad Bin Saud (State of Dawah and Preachers).
- The Moderate Ummah and The Prophet’s Methodology in Calling People to Allah.
- Duty of the Islamic State in Inviting to Allah
- Saudi Arabia and its Services to Islam and Muslim in the West.
- Islam and Human Rights.
- Reflections over the Dawah of Sheikh Mohammad Bin Abdulwahhab.
Printed and Published Verifications
- Manaqib Al-Imam Ahmad Bin Hanbal; by Ibn Al-Jawzi
- Hilyatul Fuqahaa, by Ahmad Bin Faris Al-Razi
- Al-Mughnee wa Ash-Sharhul Kabir wal Insaf.
- Al-Wadhih fi Osool Al-Fiqh, by Ibn Aqeel.
- Al-Madkhal Ela Mazhab Al-Imam Ahmad Bin Hanbal, by Ibn Badran.
- Al-Mughnee by Ibn Qudama, (co-authored).
- Sharh Mukhtassar Ar-Rawdhah, by At-Toufi.
- Sharh Al-Aqeedah At-Tahawiya, by Abul-Izz; (co-authored).
- Mehnat Al-Imam Ahmad, by Abdul-Ghani Al-Maqdisi.
- Al-Jawhar Al-Muhassal fi Manaqib Al-Imam Ahmad, by Mohammad Bin Abu-Bakr As-Saadi.
- Ar-Rehla Al-Malakiya, by Yusuf Yassin.
- Al-Ershad Ela Sabeel Ar-Rashad, by Ibn Mussa Al-Hashimi.
- Al-Kafi, by Ibn Qudama.
- Al-Iqnaa li Talibil Intifaa, by Al-Hajjawi.
- Muntaha Al-Iradat, by Al-Fotouhi.
- Al-Bidaya Wan- Nihaya, Ibn Kathir.
- Ja’mi-ul-Bayan fi Tafseer al-Qur’an, by At-Tabari.
Dr. Al-Turki has received the following award
- Dubai International Award for the Promotion of Qur’an. He was also voted “Islamic Personality” of the year 1423 H (2003 AD).
- King Abdullah “Scholars and Preachers International Award” Jordan, Ramadan 1424 H (2004 AD).